Hiring and Firing (Entrepreneur Legal Guides)
Employees can make or break your business. But great employees will improve your profitability.
So, if you hire the wrong people, and you’ll take a huge hit in productivity and morale. And if an employee harbors a grudge upon termination, you can face a crippling lawsuit.
Employment attorney Tyler M. Paetkau offers proactive steps and procedures. You can use these to prevent lawsuits or defend your actions in case of a lawsuit.
In Hiring and Firing You Will Learn:
- To use interviews, applications, and background checks to hire the best and brightest
- The critical importance of at-will employment disclaimers
- How to avoid discrimination claims in hiring
- To establish termination procedures for violations of company policy
- And legal and practical considerations for individual and group layoffs
The most dangerous parts of an employment relationship are the beginning and the end. So, avoid unexpected explosions. And make your business even more successful by protecting your company’s most valuable resource-great employees.
Sample forms on Hiring and Firing CD-ROM:
- Employment Application
- Employee Counseling/Discipline Form
- Employee Handbook
- Performance Evaluation
- Exit Interview
- Independent Contract Agreement
- Mutual Agreement to Arbitrate Claims
- Nondisclosure, Nonsolicitation and Noncompetition Agreement
- Trade Secret Protection
- Safety, Health and Substance Abuse Policies
- Telecommuting Agreement
- Offer Letter
- Policy on Complaints of Accounting, Internal Accounting Controls, and Auditing Matters
- Authorization for Release of Health Information
- And HIPAA Privacy Rules
Entrepreneur provides the most trusted business advice available to business owners. Our legal guides do the same by offering current and cost-effective legal advice. Then you can fix the business and legal issues you face on a daily basis. And we also help you identify when it’s in your best interest to seek advice and services of a practicing lawyer.